How to use a food waste disposer
- Remove disposer plug
- Turn on ambient cold WATER.....a moderate flow ensures best results
- Turn disposer on
- Feed waste into disposer
- Let water continue to run for approx. 10 seconds after grinding is complete to flush plumbing.
SOME “DO’S” AND “DON’TS” TO KEEP IN MIND
- DO grind natural food waste with moderate flow of ambient cold WATER.
- DO grind materials such as vegetable scraps, fruit pits, egg shells, pasta, rice, meat scraps etc.
- DO dispose of coffee grounds in your disposer.
- DO flush the disposer for self cleaning. Allow the disposer and ambient cold WATER to run for a few seconds after grinding or draining the sink.
- DON’T put anything but NATURAL FOOD WASTE into the disposer, ie NO GLASS, STRING OR FEATHERS.
- DON’T GRIND OYSTER SHELL as the fine sediment may settle in the plumbing.
- DON’T USE HOT WATER when grinding. Using hot water wastes energy.
- DON’T PUT FAT, GREASE OR OILS DOWN THE DISPOSER OR ANY DRAIN.
- DON’T turn the disposer or the water off until grinding is completed and only the sound of the motor and running water is heard.
- DON’T use SOLVENTS OR CHEMICALS in the disposer.
- The Evolution® 100 and Evolution® 200 feature unique two and three stage grinding technology which enable them to grind STRINGY FIBROUS FOOD such as husks, celery, banana peel and onion skins.