Convenient for you, great for the environment
Food waste accounts for about 20% of all household rubbish. Food scraps that have been through a
waste disposer can be used to create biosolids or biogas as part of a holistic waste management approach. When the recycled material is used as a power source, soil conditioner or fertiliser, the cycle begins again!
- Food waste is dealt with hygienically and instantly – rather than it being left in a bin to encourage smells, bacteria and insects
- Less food waste ends up in landfill to contribute to methane and other green house gas emissions
- Less food waste has to be collected and transported to those land fill sites – good news for carbon footprints!
- In some areas of the UK, local authorities are paying people to install a sink disposer. And why not? It has been estimated that food waste disposers could have considerable saving benefits for councils.
- Food waste accounts for 20 per cent of your household rubbish
- It has been estimated that food waste disposers could have considerable saving benefits for councils
- Biogas generated as a result of recycling can be used to produce around 33 units of electricity each year
- Soil conditioner produced as a result of recycling is high in nitrogen, a vital source of nutrients for soil and so ideal for farm land
- Millions of liters of water are wasted each day while people wait for hot water to reach the sink.
- In a large house, 40-50 meters of pipe may extend from the water heater to the most distant sink.
- It can take a long time for hot water to reach the faucet; while waiting, all the unheated tap water runs down the drain.
- With a steaming hot water tap, hot water is available on-demand
- The immediate availability of hot water means little to no water waste.
- Near-boiling water from the hot water tank can mix with tap water to quickly and economically fill a basin with dishwater.
- Cooking utensils can be cleaned on an efficient, one-off basis.
- Instant foods and other products requiring hot water can be prepared without the need to heat water on a stove or in a microwave oven.